Online dating is a big step for some of us; for me it was a huge step! I’m quite shy so the thought of meeting up with a total stranger felt odd!
That’s why it was a great relief when I realised that I could chat to my potential dates a little before actually meeting up with them.
Those first few contacts can tell you a lot about a person; the questions you ask or the questions they ask, can be very revealing.
If your potential date has ticked all your boxes and you’re keen to meet them in person then it’s definitely a good idea to think about some questions you can ask them.
Without subjecting them to the third degree, you can still ask some questions which will reveal a lot about their character.
The usual questions still apply of course; things like “where did you grow up?” and “do you have any siblings?” are always good. But deeper, more fun questions can be real conversation starters.
Here are a few of my personal faves!
- If the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do?
- What’s the most frightening or weird thing you’ve ever seen?
- If you had ten million dollars right now, what would you do with it?
- If you could retire today, what would you do with your time?
And here are some of the questions I’ve found it best to avoid!
- What are your political beliefs?
- What’s your religion? (this can come later)
- Tell me about your last partner?
It’s a tricky thing…getting to know a stranger so I have always found it best to keep a light touch and don’t take anything to seriously. Above all, have fun!